Yay ! I got nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Skinny Muffin some weeks ago and I am so excited ! Excited because now I know that there are people out there who do read my blog and appreciate it ! That’s a pretty awesome feeling !! So thank you, Skinny Muffin for this lovely nomination ! I am truly grateful for this honor ! 😀
As a newbie blogger, I really didn’t know what the Liebster Blog Award was for until I read this post on it. It’s an award given by bloggers to other bloggers who have 1000 followers or less. These are the original rules for spreading forward the love:
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you. 4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Skinny Muffin asked me 10 questions which I shall answer here:
1. What is your favorite movie? I adore romantic comedies, they’re my release and my all-time favourite movie is “You’ve Got Mail”. Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan really give me the tingles each time they come on screen.
2. What is your biggest fear? My biggest fear is not being able to overcome many irrational fears that are holding me back.
3. What food would you request as your last meal? If I were staring death in the face and had to ask for my last meal, I would definitely go for a thin-crust crispy EXTRA LARGE vegetable pizza. Full of gluten and completely cheesy. I would also request for chilled yoghurt and buttermilk since I do miss these terribly sometimes.
4. What is one cooking utensil you have always wanted but have never bought? There are so many utensils and appliances that I want but I think one of them is a vegetable chopper that will make my life so much easier.
5. Coffee or tea? Definitely tea. A hot piping cup of Indian Masala Chai.
6. What do you do in your free time? I read a lot of chick lits, food blogs and watch many movies and TV series’. Currently watching ‘The Newsroom”
7. What is your favorite thing to cook? Not very accomplished at cooking just yet, but I love making anything related to rice and quinoa. Very versatile and very easy.
8. What is your dream car? I love convertibles. And I love spacious cars. But what I would really like to own is a fuel-efficient/battery-operated spacious convertible. Hint, hint – Is anyone in the automobile industry reading this?
9. What was the last dream you had that you can remember? I don’t remember much but I remember the odd, uncomfortable feeling I got when I woke up on having a bad dream recently.
10. If calories didn’t exist for a day, what would you eat? EVERY CARB I had to give up (provided I could digest it all) It has to be all vegetarian though!
11 Random Facts about myself:
1. I don’t quite look my real age. And I’m very petite and skinny too. (Not tooting my horn, since this works as a disadvantage most of the time ! :O )
2. My love for food stemmed from reading Enid Blyton books when I was younger. The vivid descriptions of food have stayed in my mind all these years and I wish I could experience everything that the Famous Five, Secret Seven and Five Find-Outers experienced !
3. I am a teetotaler.
4. I am obsessed with Tom Hiddleston because of the person that he is. More and more people should take a leaf out of his book and develop a happy and positive outlook towards life.
5. I would really love to live in an eco-friendly cottage in the country with a garden full of homegrown stuff.
6. I really wish WiFi and mobile phones hadn’t been invented. (Crazy I know! But I hate the way I have become a slave to these two evils!) 😥
7. I quit drinking fizzy drinks when I was 12 because they made me very very sick. I am convinced that they are the evillest of them all.
8. We cannot ever be friends, if you start telling me about any REAL animal product you bought. Sorry.
9. I am not into branded stuff so I might judge you if you say “I just bought xxxxx shoes/clothes/purse/watch” all the time.
10. Ever since I can remember, I have been sleeping with my feet sticking out of my blanket. Not sure why I do this but I don’t like them trapped.
11. I don’t understand why more and more people are moving towards atheism nowadays. Be spiritual if you must but please keep the faith going in a higher power that has created us and is sustaining us. It couldn’t have all happened by coincidence.
11 questions for 5 lovely nominated bloggers who will answer them on their blog and keep the chain moving….
Solar Cooking Challenge | The Dreamy Idealist | Aiming to live as ‘Green’ as possible | All you need is Hummus | Made in Kachchh
1. Who’s your favorite celebrity chef and what one question would you love to ask them?
2. Do you have a guilty pleasure?
3. What’s your comfort food?
4. Which country has always fascinated you and why?
5. Is there a myth you would like to break?
6. Is there something you truly believe in that people around you don’t quite understand?
7. The one time when you experienced absolute bliss.
8. Your stress-buster?
9. What is the hardest thing you have ever had to give up?
10. If you could live someone else’s life for a day, who would you choose and why?
11. What one important thing would you definitely like to do in this lifetime that holds some deep meaning to you?
I hope you have as much as fun as I did in answering and creating questions. Congratulations and keep blogging ! We love to read your stories ! 😀